– the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something. -Bing.com
– the term used to describe how we feel about our ability to perform roles functions and tasks. – skillsyouneed.com
– a feeling of self-assurance arising from one’s appreciation of one’s abilities or qualities.
– how we feel about ourselves, the way we look, the way we think-whether or not we feel worthy or valued. – skillsyouneed.com
– reflects a person’s overall emotional evaluation of his or her own worth. It’s judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the self. – Wikipedia
– a realistic respect for or favorable impression of oneself; self-respect. – Dictionary.com
MJ’s Words: Confidence is belief is your abilities. Self-esteem is belief in yourself. Your confidence is stronger if you have high self-esteem. There is a possibility that you lack one or the other. This means that even though it’s good to have both, you may not experience them simultaneously.
“People with low self-esteem often also suffer from generally low confidence, but people with good self-esteem can also have low confidence. It’s possible for people with low-esteem to be very confident in some areas.” – skillsyouneed.com
How we view ourselves plays a major part in building our self-esteem and confidence. How you view yourself is your “self-concept”.
Self-concept – a general term used to refer to how someone thinks about, evaluates, or perceives themselves. – simplypsychology.com
You choose how you want to perceive yourself despite your circumstances, past, and flaws. It is important to always look for the good because how you view things is how you will think and how you think is how you will feel. The way you view yourself is who you will be until you change the way you view. It is time to start looking at yourself as who you want to be. Be good to yourself and treat you like you are worth more than worth itself.
Words of advice: There is nothing better than the other until you choose the degree. Despite what you have been through, never change how you perceive yourself. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Don’t allow false perception to take away how strong you are, how courageous you are, how beautiful you are, or how you are in what makes you you. Be YOU!